3 November 2013
After playing the game for a while over the weekend I realized I was having a hard time seeing things in the grass such as backpacks from killed players and zombies, so I added grass displacement. It's off by default as it has some issues but you can toggle it on by typing
grass.displacement true in the console (F1)
It's a work in progress and not everything causes displacement but one of the cool features of it is players leaving a trail where they walk, It's possible to track people for a short time due to this. Also your shelters and campfires will no longer be covered in grass, and backpacks/killed creatures will be easier to spot. Please post any feedback regarding this feature on the forums!
In addition we've made the following changes and fixes :
- Upgraded to Unity 4.3
- Fixed Shelters not counting towards decay grace period
- Fixed injury status not disappearing after death
- Serverside checks for deployables and structures (no more double dooring)
- Some weapon deploy sounds were changed (hatchets no longer sound like guns being drawn)
- Hand Cannon no longer requires a workbench to craft
- 9mm Pistol does slightly more damage and has less recoil
- Reduced range on pipe shotgun
- Bleeding is no longer a death sentence : Wounds will clot over time so it is possible to survive minor bleeding
- Bleeding damage was increased, however...
- Silencer now removes tracers as well as muzzle flash, less range reduction, less damage reduction.
- Sleeping bags are easier to craft, 15 cloth instead of 20
- Pillars take half as many resources to create as they used to
- Grenades are larger and their physics should be more reliable, in addition they should deal appropriate damage now
- Zombies should now interact with the rocks in the world, and should no longer float in mid-air
- Server browser now shows history of servers played on
- Server browser is optimized for smaller screens
- Server browser doesn't show unresponsive servers
- Server browser shows LAN servers
- Server browser shows servers containing friends
- Server now detects when it has frozen, and closes (allows auto restart scripts to kick in)
- No longer uses DX11 mode (was slower, broke alt-tab, had no real benefits)
- Added disconnect button
- Serverlist can be sorted. Defaults to being ordered by player count descending.
- Alt tabbing can cause terrible FPS. This is a unity 4.3 issue
- Grenades don't damage wildlife
- Grass can flicker for some users, type grass.on false in the console
If you want to follow this project you can sign up to the mailing list.
We'll only update you about this project, we won't spam you about other stuff or sell your email address.