10 December 2013
Hello everyone! It's been a while but we have a patch ready for your enjoyment.
Here are some changes and improvements we've made to the game over the past little while
- You now get a repair notice when repairing an object
- Fixed Ramps not being able to be placed leading up to foundations
- Shelters can now be placed on rocks and have a more lenient max slope
- Fixed exploit allowing quicker reload times
- Lowered memory usage by about 300 megs !
- Game should load quite a bit faster now
- Linux cursor issue should be resolved
- People who log off near walls shouldn't have their legs poking outside anymore
- Added new surface system, this allows for dynamic footsteps and improved impact effects
- Fixed bug where players would not make footsteps under some conditions ( e.g. walking in tight circles)
- Adjusted LOD levels to be further away from the camera
- Added nudity convar : censor.nudity true
- Duping should be fixed...
- A few crash fixes
- Fixed lasers/flashlights not being turned off for other clients
- You can no longer place sleeping bags under rocks
- Fixed an extremely rare bug where terrain would be invisible under certain conditions
- Grass isn't as tall anymore; it should perform better
- Moved wildlife over to use the navmesh, they will actually be able to find you now :)
- Added some new deployables - Spiked walls for base defense, they will hurt people when they are melee'd or touched
- Foundations cannot be placed too close to spiked walls ( prevents base climbing with stairs unless they put some extra effort in and destroy them )
- Added a Wood Gate/Gateway - This can be used to block off parts of the map and create compounds! (Art is very WIP!)
- Added a very rare, non-craftable smoke signal which will call an airdrop in at your location
We're (hopefully) almost out of this maintenance phase and will soon be able to focus on adding more content to the game!
If you want to follow this project you can sign up to the mailing list.
We'll only update you about this project, we won't spam you about other stuff or sell your email address.