24 January 2014
- Grass runs twice as fast as it used to
- Grass looks way better
- Grass shouldn't flicker on ATI cards anymore (but let us know if it does)
- Grass has improved sound effects
- added vsync option
- rcon now receives msgid 4 containing all console output
- opening boxes no longer resets decay - old things should actually disappear now
- added hud indication so you know when you’re voice chatting
- fixed exploit where mouse sensitivity reduced weapon sway
- added a delay to repairing objects after they have been damaged
- metal structures now need metal to repair instead of wood
- fixed random headshot sound that would happen when shooting near the top of inanimate objects
- camp fire particles are no longer visible at long range (should help with performance)
- you can only repair something 5 seconds after it last took damage
- servers can now be added to favourites by clicking the star on the left
Atrium Carceri, the artist who made the initial music we had in the very very early alpha is a pretty cool guy. When we started selling rust we decided to remove his music because we hadn't worked anything out with him. But recently we talked to him and he decided to make a few tracks inspired by rust as a demo. We've put them in game and will listen to the feedback, if you guys like it we will get him to do more! If you're not a fan of music in games you can always turn it off in the options ( or press pageup )
- Sleeping bags now reset the use timers of all your other sleeping bags in a 100m radius. This prevents base "zerging"
- Beds were added! - These can only be placed inside a house with a roof and act like the old sleeping bags did
If you want to follow this project you can sign up to the mailing list.
We'll only update you about this project, we won't spam you about other stuff or sell your email address.