I’ve been trying to sort out long-standing bugs before we embark on adding a bunch of new stuff. My goal is to get the game to a place where the bug reporter is filled with nonsense and spam instead of real issues. To that end, I’ve ironed out a few.
Man, I don’t know how some of this was in-game for so long. There was a bug where you could start reloading a weapon, and then switch away, and it would still be reloading in the background so when you switched back to the weapon later it would have a full clip. Fixed.
Also, for some reason, when switching ammo types you would close the menu and it wouldn’t reload for you, you’d have to press R to reload again anyway. Fixed.
Lastly, we had an input bug that affected some users. If you held the reload key down for longer than 0.15s and had two ammo types the ammo selection menu would appear, right? Well what if you only had one ammo type? Oops! Nothing happens. This meant that if you had only one ammo type (most new players) and you missed that 0.15s release window you wouldn’t be able to reload. Reloading is now far more responsive and happens instantly if you only have one ammo type.
Haha! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen people laughed at
for even attempting to use this weapon. It did barely any damage and was too easy to miss people. I’m hoping it’ll be a little bit more viable now. I’ve made the following changes.
- Spread doubled
- Handmade shell pellet count doubled
- Handmade shell damage per pellet halved
- Bug fixed where Eoka was doing half the damage it should have been due to velocity
- Cost reduced
This should change the weapon to have a nice scattershot that ensures doing a small/medium amount of damage in a wide cone, and makes it deadly at point blank range. I’ve also removed its ability to use other ammo types (as no one did), so it can only use handmade shells and shotgun shells for now.
Once again I’ve played with the melee ranges. This time I’ve made them the same across the board at 1.5m. The only weapon with a higher range than this is the spear at 2.2m range. This should help with melee combat feeling more responsive and satisfying
- Fixed rockets sometimes detonating against the shooter during times of lag
- Fixed being able to repair doors by removing them and placing them again twice
- Fixed key lock fading out too early (doors appeared as unlocked until you got close)
- Fixed shelves being too strong. You can easily destroy them with melee now
- Fixed rapidfire bow exploit
- Fixed size of quarry hopper interaction collider so you can’t lose items under it anymore
- Shotgun Shell has +2 pellets
Still about 100 bugs to fix. In 2 weeks I hope to have 90% of them eliminated, but you never know. I’m also going to be fleshing out some of the new improvements on the roadmap so we’re ready to add them